Wolverley Memorial Charitable Trust Annual General Meeting held on 24 October 2022
For those that were unable to attend the AGM last week, here are a few highlights;
- The Charity has been successful in obtaining grants of £136k for the refurbishment of the Memorial Hall.
- Exciting things have been happening with that funding and you may have noticed more changes!
- The work to the roof and the exterior of the building has been completed making the Hall watertight and draught-free
- The internal refurbishment work is just about complete. The building has been redecorated throughout, flooring replaced, toilets upgraded and 2 new meeting rooms created. Furniture and equipment has been replaced. A sound system is being installed
- Broken paving around the Hall has been replaced, disabled access improved and flower beds created.
- The Charity plans to open a Community Cafe with internet access
- The refurbishment work puts the Charity will be in a much better place with the building and grounds than it has been for a long time. That has allowed us to extend the range of services available. The number of bookings and the use of the Hall has increased significantly.
It was agreed that:
The current Appointed Trustees will continue in office:
Bernard D’Arcy (Wolverley Sports and Social Club)
Andy Gould (Wolverley Village Players)
John Hart (Wolverley and Cookley Parish Council)
Robert Lawrence (Wolverley Tennis)
The current Elected Trustees were re-elected:
Graham Wallis (Chair)
Michelle Hire (Treasurer)
Richard Millner (Chair – Wolverley Memorial Project Group)
The Charity is always looking for volunteers who feel they can contribute their time and skills to the charity and may wish to join our group of volunteers or become a Trustee. If you are interested, please get in touch by emailing email@example.com
If you want to find out more, the key reports that were presented at the AGM are linked below.